pH Meter - Safety
General Safety for Handling Solutions
- Handle buffer solutions with care. The solutions may cause eye and skin irritation, and may be harmful if swallowed or inhaled.
- Always wear gloves, goggles, and lab coats while handling solutions.
- Buffers should always be read at accurate pH.
- Do not immerse electrodes in the buffer solutions before rinsing the electrodes thoroughly with deionized water.
- Do not mix buffers with other solutions or contaminate with samples.
General Safety for Handling Electrodes
- Electrodes are fragile and can be damaged easily, Use caution when handling the electrodes. Keep the glass
electrodes in the storage solution when not using.